Shoeb is an ex-mega firm and has plenty of big deal experience as well as a corporate secondment under his belt.
During his tenure in the UAE he worked with Habib Al Mulla & Co. since 2008 and has comprehensive local law knowledge of the UAE. Habib Al Mulla & Co. merged with one of the largest law firms of the world Baker & McKenzie in 2013. This merger proved very valuable as it gave Shoeb exposure to fortune 500 clients.
Shoeb’s practice includes advice on corporate and commercial law with a special focus on Mergers & Acquisitions and commercial contracts. He has been practicing in the Gulf for over 12 years. His has total of 16 years of experience as a practicing lawyer. Before moving to the Middle East, Shoeb worked extensively on direct and indirect taxation, including VAT Laws in India.
Shoeb was involved, at Baker & McKenzie Habib Al Mulla, in a variety of commercial and corporate transactions, data protection, M&A, establishing companies in the mainland and free zones, drafting diverse agreements, providing clients with legal advice and opinions on subjects relating to the UAE laws, including employment, distribution, IP and other commercial matters.
• Advised a local juice manufacturer in relation to contracts for importing and assembling a water purification and bio gas plant,
• Advised Dubai Airport Free Zone Authority (DAFZA) on revising its commercial legislations,
• Extensively advised on labour-related matter in the United Arab Emirates; acting for both employers and the employees,
• Advised various local groups on protecting their rights under distribution agreements,
• Advised various UAE companies in relation to compliance matters under the UAE Company Laws,
• Coordinated with US and UK attorneys and prepared the related agreements for purchase of Aircraft for the client,
• Advising the leading and the best name in tourism and travel industry,
• Drafted the MOU’s related to environment protection, energy efficiency and enhanced oil recovery involving the biggest state owned oil company in Kuwait,
• Drafted agreements relating to media and entertainments for the leading and best name in Kuwait,
• Drafted and reviewed agreements for the leading Internet and Data Communication Service provider in Kuwait.
Shoeb was seconded for 4 months to du (a leading telecommunication service provide in the UAE). The secondment helped Shoeb gain commercial insights in the organisation and also taught him how to deal effectively with clients on a personal level. It was also worth understanding how the legal function is organized to support the different business units of the organization.
Articles, Publications & Seminars
• Legal and Judicial System in the United Arab Emirates
• End of Service Gratuity under the UAE Labour Law:Time to be more practical: Mondaq
• As the economy improves, are employers ready to hire? legal 500 and
• UAE Agency Law-A way forward towards global roadmap
• Co-authored: Commentary upon The Dubai World Insolvency Code – Towards A Clearer Path: Mondaq
• UAE Credit Information Law: The National
• Is Financial Crisis a Valid Reason for Termination?: Mondaw and Khaleej Times
• Termination Of Employment Contracts In The UAE: Mondaq
• Gateway to Globalisation (Protection of Intellectual Property): The Brief, October 2009 issue
• Seminar on Commecial and Employment Laws: Given to the decision makers and HR department of du
English, Hindi, and Urdu